Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Crazvy!


I was just making a good mood for myself by thinking about how much more fun and interesting life for everyone else is when I'm around and on; and how cold and colorless it is when I've fled away into one of my reclusive moments. Ahhhhh, sigh.. Anyway, onward:

You know what I'm loving lately? If you said Brigitte Fontaine, especially L'Eternel Retour, you'd be right, but it wasn't what I was going to say. I'm loving hearing people talk about how people they know are crazy. It's so entertaining. Not because the diagnoses themselves are particularly engrossing--if I wanted rich descriptions of mental illness, I have a psychiatry book from the 60s where I can read about things like hebephrenia and the like; no, it's cux it nearly always says more about the person lobbing the accusation than the object. It's so much more entertaining when I know the person, too. I love hearing that someone is 'hopelessly maladjusted' when ze seems fine to me. I mean really, if you think about it, everyone's a nutjob in their own way. I've never known anyone - ever - who I thought had it all together after getting to know hir. So when people talk about other people having issues or being crazy, it's generally just comical. I have to say, I hope I entertain people with my talk about others as much as they entertain me; and to that end, I'm going to make a point of being less equivocal and give people less credit with my judgements of them (I tend to give people way too much credit anyway). I have to be more certain and more black-and-white if I'm going to be fun for people. Or maybe not. Who knows. Oh well...

And that's the mini-beep for now.

Beep!
Ed Shepp

No comments: