Monday, March 21, 2005

Thought for the Day


Here is my thought for today:

I want a service that will make an appointment for a haircut at a place I'll like; make the appointment; send me reminders; pick me up at my house and take me to the salon, etc. And I want them to make it feel like a parade. Instead of a chore. Kind of like how Viactiv makes taking a vitamin feel like eating a candy. Why can't everything be like that? Imagine if you could go to the DMV and the experience was so pleasant that after you left you were thinking I want to feel that way for ever and ever? It could be done. It might take a li'l reallocation, but it could surely be done.

Other news: I finally got the French translation I've wanted done; I could find no one I knew to make it for me, so I did the only sensible thing there is ever to do: I paid someone. And I got an accurate translation in a quick turnaound. There's your lesson: if you need something done, pay someone. Or rather, pay someone who does what you need. That's called a professional. Beep. So the WFMU marathon has ended. I hope they played at least one of the promos I did. Yes, I got my pledge in. Did you? Beep. I'm through with social obligations; absolutely through with them. And next time someone tries to guilt me into 'supporting' them by attending their show, I'm going to ask them how many of my CDs they bought. Yeah! I'm bitter! Beep. Does anyone know if My Funny Valentine is in the public domain?

And that's the beep for now.

Beep!
Ed Shepp

1 comment:

Jon said...

But think of the price! It would make a NYC salon appoinment ever MORE pricey!